Please take the time to read this Privacy Notice as it is important for you to know how we collect and use your personal information. By “personal information” we mean all information that relates to a living individual and either identifies, or may be used to identify, that individual.
Motobox UK Ltd may change portions of this Privacy Notice from time to time, so be sure to check back. If we make a change that significantly affects your rights or, to the extent we are permitted to do so, significantly changes how we use your personal information, we will notify you by way of a prominent posting on our websites, e-mail and/or postal mail prior to the change becoming effective.
Motobox UK Ltd wants you to feel comfortable about giving us access to your personal information. Use this Privacy Notice to find out what happens to your personal information when you interact with Motobox UK Ltd and what choices you have.
This Privacy Notice covers the personal information that Motobox UK Ltd collect, use and disclose through your use of our products and services either online or offline.
MOTOBOX UK Ltd needs to collect personal information from you to rent, sell or buy a motorcycle or provide our other services.
We collect personal information when you give it to us, such as by telephone, postal mail, email, upon completion of an application, or web form, or through your use of our website, or the use of our products and services.
Please be aware that, in certain circumstances, where you do not provide personal information which is required by us, we will not be able to provide the products and services under our contract with you or may not be able to comply with a legal obligation on us. For example, when renting, selling or buying a motorcycle with us we will require information such as your name, address, payment information and driver’s licence. If you fail to provide this information to us we may be unable to rent, sell or buy a motorcycle to you. You will be made aware if this situation arises and what the consequences of not providing the personal information will be.
Sometimes, we will combine the personal information we receive from you with other information we received from other sources and share with a third party such as:
- to our professional advisers (for example, our auditors, legal advisers, public relations advisers and nominated adviser), but always taking safeguards to protect the confidentiality of your personal information;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in relation to which we need to disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer;
- in the prevention or detection of crime or money laundering; or/li>
- where we are otherwise required to do so by law if you are involved in an accident during your rental, or suffer any loss, damage or theft of the motorcycle, or if you incur any speeding, parking, toll or other traffic-related fines or commit any traffic offences during your rental or sale.
We may also transfer or assign your personal information to third parties as a result of, or in connection with a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of assets, bankruptcy, reorganisation, or liquidation. Or if we are involved in defending a legal claim, information about you that is relevant to such claim may be disclosed to third parties as a result of, or in connection with, associated legal proceedings.
Renting/Selling/Buying of a Motorcycle
What information do we collect about you?
When you rent, sell or buy a motorcycle we collect information to provide you with our great services (for example, renting a motorcycle, including performing the motorcycle rental contract as set out in our Terms and Conditions of Rental, providing any requested optional extras, taking payment, pre-authorisations and security deposits and providing discounts and offers or other benefits) and for our legitimate business interests (for example research and development of new products and services, undertaking fraud and security checks and enforcing our legal rights). The information we collect includes:
- Email address (if you are booking online or wish to receive e-receipts);
- Home address (for licence validation and billing);
- Employer details and business address (if you are a member of a corporate program);
- Telephone numbers at which we can reach you;
- Date of birth (for licence validation and legal requirements);
- Gender (for licence validation);
- Payment information such as your credit or debit card details (security code is obtained for transaction only – we do not keep it);
- Tax number (if specifically requested);
- Information from driver’s licence and/or other government issued identification, including if you are an additional driver for the specific rental (for licence validation and legal requirements);
- Information from another form of identification documentation such as passport or national identity card if your drivering licence does not include a photo or is not recognisable as you and/or proof of address such as a utility bill (for security and anti-fraud purposes). The information we collect and retain will only include your photo ID where you are informed of this;
- Special requests and preferences, including:
- your preferences regarding optional extras such as damage waivers and other protections;
- where a delivery or collection service is available, the address where we will drop off or pick-up the motorcycle and any optional extras you requested; and
- Other information that may be required to rent, sell or buy a motorcycle and/or provide you with services.
Some rental motorcycles come equipped with a global positioning system (GPS) or similar type tracking device that may also collect information about the motorcycle.
If you have an accident, or suffer any loss, theft or damage to the motorcycle during your rental or suffer any mechanical failure, we will collect information regarding such incident including your report of the incident and any police or other third party report including details of those involved, together with the nature of any personal injuries and/or damage to the motorcycle and optional extras. We will use this information to perform our contract with you (for example, the motorcycle rental agreement and/or the terms of any optional extra like insurance); for our legitimate business interests (for example, in recovering the costs of any loss or damage caused to the motorcycle); for complying with any legal obligation on us (for example, making any required notification of the incident to appropriate authorities); and establishing, exercising or defending legal claims arising as a result of such incident.
During your rental we will collect where and when you rented the motorcycle, where and when you returned the motorcycle, insurance preferences, fuel consumption, mileage, accident history and other information related to the motorcycle and your use of it. This information is required in order to provide you with the services you requested under the rental contract or for our legitimate business interests (for example to monitor the usage of our motorcycle fleet).
We will also collect information about any speeding, parking, toll or other traffic-related fines that you incur or any traffic offences that you commit during your rental where these are provided to us by any law enforcement agency.
We will use this information to deal with such fine or offence in accordance with the terms of your motorcycle rental agreement with us.
Where you inform us that you have a medical disability that requires an adapted motorcycle or other driver aid we will use that information in order to provide you with the service you requested and where you have given your explicit consent to us using that information.
When you call us (from any phone), we may record or monitor the call for quality control, training or similar purposes.
When you purchase a gift certificate or voucher, we collect the name and mailing address of the gift recipient in order to fulfil your order. We will only use this information for the specific reason for which it is provided. If you believe that one of your contacts has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please contact our customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos & Video
Where indicated by signage MOTOBOX UK LTD location is equipped with video security surveillance systems as well as cameras that record as our motorcycles depart/enter our lots.
Motobox UK Ltd may sometimes use photos of individuals with their motorcycle on the website to give an idea of the type of experience available, and are not passed on for any profit. These photos are only done if and when you consent to them being taken and used.
When you download, visit and use our website, MOTOBOX UK LTD automatically collects technical information. This section tells you more about what technical information we collect and why we collect it.
- IP Addresses & other information collected automatically: We may collect your IP address when you visit our websites to help us diagnose problems with our main computers, for system administration, to report aggregated information to our business partners, and to audit the use of our website. We do not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable.
- Cookies & other similar technologies: Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information. For further information visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and www.allaboutcookies.org tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, you should note that some of our website features may not function properly as a result.
We may, from time to time, like to send you information by email or text about products and services of ours which may be of interest to you.
Where we email you with information about our products and services, we will always provide you with a link or email address where you can contact us to tell us that you do not want to receive any further information from us about our products and services.
If you have requested information from us and subsequently change your mind, you can email us at email@example.com.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We take reasonable steps to make sure your information is protected from unauthorised use, access, disclosure, alteration, destruction or loss. We take security extremely seriously but as no system is 100% secure, we can’t completely guarantee the protection of your personal information, any more than any other organisation can.
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology is used to protect personal information that you send to us via our web sites.
Any digital personal information that we hold as part of your customer profile will be held in a database with physical and technological security controls and procedures in place.
Physical information such as credit card slips and rental contracts will be held under lock and key for as long as we are required to by our insurers or statutory requirements, thereafter destroyed.
Motobox UK Ltd keeps your personal information for no longer than is reasonably necessary or required by law. How long we keep it depends very much on the type of information and purpose.
Access to Your Personal Information and Correction
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us on: +44 (0) 7788 274 007 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Privacy Rights
You may have – in accordance with applicable data protection laws – the following rights when it comes to our handling of your personal information:
Right of access
You may have the right to request a copy of the personal information we have about you and to request supporting information explaining how the personal information is used.
Right of rectification
You may have the right to request that we rectify inaccurate personal information about you.
Right of erasure
You may have the right to request that we erase personal information about you.
Right to restrict processing
In some situations, you may have the right to request that we do not use the personal information you have provided (e.g. if you believe it to be inaccurate).
Right to data portability
You may have the right to receive certain of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit such information to another controller.
Right to withdraw consent
Where we process your personal information based on consent (including direct marketing consents), you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal. Furthermore, even in case of a withdrawal we may continue to use your personal information as permitted or required by law.
Please get in touch at email@example.com if you would like to exercise any of these rights or in case you should have any concerns about how we process your personal information.