General Terms and Conditions
Regardless of the basis agreed the following requirements will always apply:
- The identity and permanent address of the Hirer is verified and any other permitted driver by means other than relying solely on the information contained in the Hirer’s or driver’s driving licence or that the Hirer or permitted driver is not amongst the excluded persons enumerated below.
- Two forms of ID must be submitted i.e. Any Major Credit Card, a Passport, a Bank Statement (not more than 1 month old), a Utility Bill (no more than 90 days old), a Pension or Rent Book and Driving Licence, A photocopy will be taken and retained with the rental agreement.
- The Hirer’s licence &/or CBT certificate and the licence/CBT certificate of any other permitted driver of the Insured Vehicle is current, valid for the Vehicle being hired and that the address shown on the licence is the Hirer’s/permitted driver’s current address. A photocopy will be taken and retained.
- Unless agreed in advance with Motobox UK Ltd (permission is sort from the Underwriters), The Insured Vehicle shall not be let out on hire to or be driven by:
- Any person(s) under the 21 years of age or any person over 70 years of age.
- Any person(s) aged under 25 years of age unless they are free of any convictions or accidents, other than proven non-fault accidents.
- Any person(s) aged over 22 years of age who has been disqualified from driving during the last 24 months or who have currently on their licence three or more convictions or any of the following offence codes in the last 5 years. “Spent” convictions, covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 may be disregarded:
- Theft or unauthorised taking UT
- Drink or Drugs DR
- Dangerous Driving DD
- Driving whilst disqualified BA
- Licence LC
- Careless Driving CD
- Any equivalent offence in Northern Ireland
- Any person(s) who has had less than 24 months riding experience of a Motorcycle as a full licensed rider under a licence issued in the United Kingdom in respect of any Insured Vehicle exceeding 125cc.
- Any person(s) who has had less than 24 months recent and regular driving of a Motorcycle as a fully licensed driver and who holds a driving licence issued outside the United Kingdom but which is valid in the United Kingdom.
- Any person(s) engaged in any of the following occupations:
- Food delivery services if the Insured Vehicle is used for business purposes
- Bookmakers, turf accountants, the gambling industry including amusement arcades, casinos or club employees
- Entertainment and related industries including fairground employees
- Professional sports
- Professional modelling
- Publicans or working in the licence trade
- Street trading &/or market trading
- Scrap metal merchants and dealing
- Diplomatic profession
- Courier or messenger
- An Undergraduate &/or student under 25 years of age.
- Any person(s) who have had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer.
- Any person(s) who has any criminal convictions.
- Any person(s) who has any physical or mental defect, impairment of sight, hearing, heart, diabetic or epileptic condition or other complaint unless they have notified the DVLA and a licence has been issued and the conditions or restrictions to that licence are kept to.
- Any person(s) who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one fault accident during within a 3 year period immediately prior to hiring an Insured Vehicle.
- The Hire vehicles shall be driven only by the Hirer or other permitted driver who has completed and signed a hirer drive proposal (by each hirer or other permitted driver). Such proposal shall be forwarded on request to the Insurers. The proposal must be fully completed by the Hirer or other permitted driver in all respects. In addition to the usual declaration and warranty contained in the proposal, the following declaration shall appear on the proposal, namely:
- If the statements and particulars in the proposal are in the handwriting of any person other than the Hirer or other permitted driver, such person shall be deemed to have been the Hirer’s or other permitted driver’s agent for the purpose of completing the proposal form.
- The Insured shall be considered as being the agent for the Hirer or other permitted driver for all purposes in connection with this insurance but under no circumstances shall the Insured be considered as agent for the Insurers.
- The Hire Vehicle shall not be used for the carriage of goods of an explosive, dangerous or hazardous nature or the carriage of goods or passengers for hire and reward.
- In accordance to Insurer requirements, and for security reasons, hire agreements will be kept for at least 36 months.
- The Hirer will be responsible for any administration costs resulting from incorrect information being provided.
- Motobox UK Ltd reserves the right to refuse hire to any parties for whatever reason.
- Hire Vehicles are not to be used for any racing, competitions, rallies, or business use.
- The Hirer agrees to protect the interest of Motobox UK Ltd and the Insurers in the case of an accident during the term of Hire and shall immediately report to Motobox UK Ltd any accident in which the motorcycle detailed in the hire agreement is involved and shall;
- Make every effort to obtain the names and addresses of all parties involved.
- Obtain the names and addresses of any witnesses.
- Not admit liability or guilt.
- Notify police immediately if another party’s guilt has to be ascertained and/or if people are injured.
- Ensuring adequate provision for safeguarding and securing the hire vehicle.
- Provide a detailed written report, including diagram, on an “Accident Report Form” obtainable from Motobox UK Ltd.
We would like to remind our customers that cover by our third party fire and theft insurance is for motorcycle only. Motobox UK Ltd cannot be held responsible for any personal injuries or mishaps during the hire period. Motobox UK Ltd do not provide personal accident/injury or holiday insurance.
Full Hiring Conditions
Motobox UK agrees to let the Hirer use the motorcycle subject to the stated terms.
All bikes are hired subject to availability.
All bikes are hired for a minimum period of 1 day.
The hirer acknowledges that the motorcycle described in the booking section is fit for his/her purpose.
The motorcycle described in the booking section is and remains the property of Motobox UK.
If the hirer cancels a booking before the full payment due date, cancellation charges will apply in accordance with the rental agreement. A minimum £25 administration charge will be applied.
Once a booking is fully paid within 14 days of the hire start date no full or partial refunds will be offered if the bike is returned early, cancelled or not collected.
At the time of collection of your bike, we will take a security deposit of between £600.00 to £2000.00, depending on the bike hired and your personal status.
Payment of security deposit can only be made by debit or credit card. This is taken on a pre authorisation basis, this is where the funds for the deposit are reserved by your bank in case of any damage, theft or charges incurred whilst the bike is in your possession, on signing the hire agreement form you are authorising Motobox UK Ltd to debit your card for any additional charges, these include: extended rental periods, damage, late charges, fuel refills, over mileage, punctures or unpaid penalty charges.
The hirer described in the application and declaration agrees to return the motorcycle together with all tyres, tools, accessories and other equipment in the same condition as received at commencement of this rental agreement, to the place and on the time and date specified, or sooner if requested by Motobox UK.
Unauthorised extension of the rental period will be charged per day or part thereof, at the full, advertised daily rate.
During the rental period the hirer shall keep the motorcycle, together with all it’s accessories, tools and equipment in his/her soul possession and free from any and all illegal process or lien, and when not in use to adequately protect and secure it. Unless otherwise agreed with Motobox UK motorcycles kept overnight within any London borough must be garaged or kept behind locked gates.
All rentals include a fair use mileage policy- mileage allowance is limited to 200 miles per day for motorcycles above 125cc and 100 miles per day for all other motorcycles unless agreed otherwise (additional mileage charges are 30 pence per mile).
No motorcycle rented under this agreement may be used on non tarmac roads or on any type of race track or competition whatsoever.
In the event of an accident during your hire, should the bike become unusable or non repairable within your hire period, we offer no full or partial refunds on rentals paid nor a replacement bike.
In the event of an accident or rider error, for example wrong fuel, loss of keys etc, you will be covered with breakdown assistance, however you will be responsible and charged accordingly for repairs, loss, damage, relay, recovery and or repatriation.
All speeding tickets, parking fines, congestion charges, toll charges and any other chargeable offence are the responsibility of the hirer. Charges that are dealt with by Motobox UK Ltd will incur an admin charge of £25.00 per item.
European travel is NOT available.
Hirers need to be aware that they are responsible for any damage, excess tyre wear, tyre damage and punctures. They are also responsible for replacing all fuel used.
Gift Vouchers are non refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash and are valid for 12 months from date of purchase.